Baize Offcuts – Bright Blue
Offcuts and remnants in assorted sizes of British made traditional Baize
Range: Vivid Hue Fine Baize
Composition: 100% Merino wool
Baize Offcuts Bright Blue
Buy bright blue vivid hue baize fabric offcuts for your sewing or craft project, available in assorted sizes.
These vividly coloured fine baizes have a luxuriously smooth finish. Vivid Hue Fine Baize Bright Blue has a tight weave and a heavily brushed nap, all baizes in this range all have desirable properties such as warmth and cushioning.
Created for fashion designers in a daring colour palette, each year the collection is updated with a number of the most important colour trends of the season. The strong colour palette and durability of this fabric, means this fabric has been the costume designers choice for both stage and film. The vivid colour dyes used are striking and give actors added depth and colour to their performances. In film the striking colours can be used to define moods and atmosphere.
For interiors and furniture, these fabrics are ideal for use a striking accent colours. Furthermore, the pure merino wool is naturally hardwearing, giving added durability for the most demanding interior design pieces. Additionally, pure wool is inherently fire retardant, without the need for nasty chemicals.
Pure wool fabrics are completely biodegradable. As a result they are ideal for modern, eco-conscious clothing labels and interior designers. You can read our article Ocean Plastic Pollution – Is Wool the Solution? about why wool is an environmentally sound fibre for making fabrics.
Points to Note
- We cannot guarantee that all offcuts of the same colour are from the same dye-batch, so there may be some variation in colour and thickness if you buy multiple pieces.
- Some pieces have chalk lines, selvedges, or an uneven edge. The advertised size is always measured inside these marks, so the actual piece you receive may be larger than stated.
- The size of each offcut is in centimetres.
- All baize remnants and offcuts, regardless of colour or size, are top-quality British made fabric, and this product is 100% Merino wool.
Pieces Marked ‘End of Roll’
End of roll pieces are a much more economical way to buy a remnant of top quality baize. Tape secures the fabric on a full roll and when this is removed it leaves a corresponding mark on the fabric. However, the inside of the fabric (the right side) is unaffected so end of roll pieces are great for projects where only one side of the fabric will be seen. For example:
- Lining the underside of chess pieces or ornaments
- Lining a drawer or wooden box
- Backing a coaster
- Making a pocket
- Using the baize for appliqué