Baize Offcuts – Bright Moss Green
Offcuts and remnants in assorted sizes of British made traditional Baize
Range: Extra Wide Baize
Composition: 95% Merino wool, 5% nylon
Baize Offcuts Bright Moss Green
Buy Bright Moss Green baize offcuts for your sewing or craft project, available in assorted sizes. Made from 95% British wool and 5% nylon, our remnants are genuine baize that is durable and hardwearing, and is the very best surface for cardplay. Baize is also used extensively by professional furniture restorers and upholsterers for all sorts of projects including drawer lining, lining wooden boxes and trays, covering instrument cases, recovering antique card tables, backing coasters and ornaments, covering church doors etc. This thick, durable woollen fabric is also suitable for sewing projects such as cushions, placemats, coasters, aprons etc. Our offcuts are available in assorted sizes, so you can pick the piece that’s just right for your needs.
Points to Note
- We cannot guarantee that all offcuts of the same colour are from the same dye-batch, so there may be some variation in colour and thickness if you buy multiple pieces.
- Some pieces have chalk lines, selvedges, or an uneven edge. The advertised size is always measured inside these marks, so the actual piece you receive may be larger than stated.
- The size of each offcut is in centimetres.
- All baize remnants and offcuts, regardless of colour or size, are top-quality British made fabric, 95% wool / 5% nylon.
Pieces Marked ‘End of Roll’
End of roll pieces are a much more economical way to buy a remnant of top quality baize. Tape secures the fabric on a full roll and when this is removed it leaves a corresponding mark on the fabric. However, the inside of the fabric (the right side) is unaffected so end of roll pieces are great for projects where only one side of the fabric will be seen. For example:
- Lining the underside of chess pieces or ornaments
- Lining a drawer or wooden box
- Backing a coaster
- Making a pocket
- Using the baize for appliqué